We bring you the latest news and goings-on in the Hillcrest business district. Interested in more things Hillcrest? Visit FabulousHillcrest.com.
August 31st, 2015 by Megan
Looking for resources and information on how to help the homeless in the neighborhood? Click here to download HBA resources and information.
August 4th, 2015 by Megan
University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project
The City of San Diego has more than 3,250 miles of water pipelines that provide safe, healthful drinking water to the 1.3 million residents within its service area. Some pipelines are more than 100 years old, are deteriorating, and are in need of replacement, repair and upgrades. To avoid future service disruptions, such as water main breaks, the aging pipelines are replaced or rehabilitated. The new pipelines will bring the existing water pipes or mains up to modern standards, accommodate community growth and reduce maintenance requirements.
The University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project will replace approximately 4.33 miles (22,722 feet) of pipeline within the University Heights, Hillcrest and North Park communities. The project will also reconstruct pedestrian curb-ramps to facilitate access with persons with disabilities. City street surfaces will be reconstructed with slurry seal, paving and striping as needed with vegetation and landscaping within the impacted areas.
- University Avenue Pipeline - Replace existing 20-, 24-, 30- and 36- inch cast iron mains with 16-inch Plastic and Vinyl Combination (PVC) pipe.
- Park Boulevard Pipeline - Replace 16 inch cast iron and asbestos cement main with 16-inch PVC pipe.
- 5th Avenue Pipeline – Replace 24-inch cast iron pipeline with 16-inch PVC pipe.
- Robinson Avenue Pipeline – Replace 16-inch cast iron main with 16-inch PVC pipe.
- Segment of University Avenue Pipeline (390 Zone) – Replace 24-inch and 30-inch cast iron main with 36 inch cement mortar lined and coated steel pipeline.
May 5th, 2015 by Megan
Keep up-to-date with all the HBA happenings with our quarterly Newsletter